Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. We develop industry-leading modular, adaptable robotic systems for assembly, kitting, palletizing, and more. The mission of this role is to maintain, upgrade, and service all company research and development robots, develop and fabricate prototype hardware, inform on designs, and provide feedback to the engineering team on potential new products.
What you'll do
- Assemble robotic units using standard shop procedures, mechanical drawings, and other written or verbal instructions.
- Perform preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions, providing action plans and status reports as needed.
- Recognize and correct potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicate this to the manager.
- Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/ welders, cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), and electric/manual hand tools.
- Utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Be responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
What you have
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Great communication skills to work with engineering team
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Collaboration skills to work with any team
Nice to have's
- Experience with CAD
- Manual Machine shop experience
- 3D printing and laser cutting
- Waterjet experience
- Prototype fabrication
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team. Apply for this position