Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be playing a pivotal role on a small and close-knit Finance team. You will provide support to the Finance team in the area of inventory management and other fixed assets, playing a key role in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of Netsuite. The ideal candidate will be conscientious while showing meticulous attention to detail.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for analyzing manufacturing activities and investigating variances and anomalies to ensure accurate inventory costing
- Oversee accounts payable, verify the accuracy of vendor payments and ensure resolution of issues
- Analyze monthly cost variances and cost of goods sold accounts to provide an understanding of gross margin performance.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the manufacturing team to dissect manufacturing costs and identify areas of improvement in costing procedures, own the cost landing of the bill of materials through Netsuite ERP
- Build & maintain reports to assist in inventory counts & reconciliations (including location tracking, inventory type, serialized tagging)
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts, identify areas of improvement, and assist in resolving discrepancies
- Develop, improve and maintain product estimating processes to support accurate pricing for standard, custom, and developing products.
- Assist in the implementation of 3 way match process (PO-Bill of lading-Invoice) within Netsuite & own ongoing enforcement of process
- Prepare month-end journal entries that relate to inventory & fixed assets (write-offs, transfers, depreciation expense)
- Develop and analyze cost center financial reports. Collaborate with operations and sales to understand and act on financial performance.
- Support process improvement initiatives, as required.
- Own system updates & changes for Netsuite Fixed Asset and Inventory modules within Netsuite
- Provide support for other financial analysis projects as required.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years minimum experience in financial or relevant business disciplines with strong experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of cost accounting standards and concepts
- Strong systems experience with Netsuite ERP, specifically Fixed Asset & Inventory modules
- Strong analytical skills & familiarity working with large data sets
- Attention to detail and an ability to understand concepts more broadly and strategically.
- Effective communication skills to facilitate collaboration and understanding of cost accounting information across different disciplines.
- High level Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs)
- Ability to lead and effect improvements in the cost of manufacturing the products.
- Experience with the implementation of a cost accounting system for a complex product is a plus
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position