Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. The Performance Engineering team is looking for a Robotics Software engineer that can help push the state-of-the-art in reliability and performance of machine vision aided planning and control of robotic arms. The candidate will be responsible for having a high level overview of the tech stack from hardware, networking, OS, communication libraries, programming languages, and application architecture in order to pinpoint bottlenecks and work with others to resolve them.
- Measure and improve: Robot cycle time and Robot system throughput & accuracy
- Design and develop test frameworks for simulation, human-in-the-loop and real world robotic performance
- Support dev, test, and prod pipelines for robotic applications
- Automate regression testing on full production line test cells
- Master’s or B.Sc (with +2 years of experience) in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
Candidates should have knowledge/experience with:
- Software engineering/design and ability to build clean abstractions.
- Computer science fundamentals such as data structures and concurrency.
- Good practices in software development (testing, CI, code reviews).
- Strong coding skills in a programming language in Python and/or C/C++.
- Multithreading and multiprocessing paradigm
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Knowledge of control theory (e.g. PID control) and experience with sensors and actuators.
- Experience in using standard robotics libraries such as ROS.
- Experience with Linux, git, Github, and Docker
- Good mathematical background in statistics and graph theory.
- Experience with finite state machines and/or Petri nets is a plus.
- Good communication skills; the ability to work with other teams to solve problems.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position