Senior Software Test Engineer - Robotics
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Test Engineer to own the testing and quality assurance of our Robotics software subsystems as well as system level testing for the entire software stack. You will work on state of the art robotics technologies with leaders in AI, computer vision, motion planning and robot manipulation.
You will be creating and maintaining testing and validation methods; comparing test results with actual robot performance to understand testing gaps; training others on the development and analysis of tests; and working towards improving the coverage, effectiveness and efficiency of our tests.
An ideal candidate will have some robotics (or equivalent technical domain) knowledge besides having advanced experience in systems level software testing and validation of products.
- Lead software test strategy and execution for Vicarious robotics systems
- Create and validate comprehensive test suites to cover the different robotics domains
- Coordinate between developers in your team and specialists in other teams to ensure that test strategies maximize effectiveness and coverage
- Look to develop a variety of tests including on-robot, simulated, human-in-the-loop etc
- Addressing gaps in coverage and frameworks and mitigating risks for projects
- Repair/replace failing tests
- Devise methods to minimize future failures and metrics to measure progress made
- Mentor other engineers on test creation, execution, and analysis
- Review code/tests providing feedback to ensure standards are met
- Provide actionable insights from analysis to improve the quality of new features
- Noise injection and robustness testing of code
- Corner case testing of modulesIntegration testing between modules
- BS, MS, or PhD or equivalent experience in electrical, mechanical, aerospace engineering, computer science or similar fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in software validation and verification
- Strong foundation in a robotics related discipline such as physics, motion planning, control, kinematics, manipulation, computer vision, deep learning or AI
- Significant experience with Python and/or C++
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to work with other teams to solve performance problems
- Demonstrated ability to sleuth, troubleshoot and persevere till the root cause of issues is found with subsequent closed loop corrective action
- Intellectual fearlessness to tread into new subject areas with no a priori knowledge when necessary
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position