Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. As a member of the Vicarious robotics division, you will be involved in designing and implementing the future of robotics alongside other world-class software engineers and researchers.
- Developing and implementing new techniques for robotic manipulation, motion planning, control, and learning.
- Helping to architect and build a powerful, flexible, and well-engineered software platform that can be used for variety of robotics tasks.
- Building integrated apps that apply our technology towards specific product verticals.
- Writing interfaces to and evaluating cutting edge hardware such as arms, grippers, and haptic sensors.
- A PhD in robotics or a related field or 5+ years industry experience is required.
- Strong programming skills in Python/C++.
- Familiarity with standard tools such as ROS, OpenCV, PCL, Gazebo.
- Experience building and deploying production software/hardware systems.
- Publication record in top-tier robotics conferences.
- Significant open source contributions.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Rigorous and empirical approach to decision making
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best engineer / researcher they know
- Tenaciousness and ability to get things done
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position