Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. As a Machine Learning Engineering, you will support production engineering efforts through the measurement and optimization of Vicarious machine learning models. You drive economy of scale, through the proper combination of hardware selection, model benchmarking and model tuning. You'll work closely with NN and ML teams to feed production insights and data back into model architectures. You'll pair with Data Platform teams to improve ML model metric and pipeline visibility.
- Creating metric instrumentation for all Vicarious machine learning systems
- Design and development of distributed training systems
- Optimization of machine learning algorithms for cost-effective heterogeneous hardware
- Ensuring portability of workloads through use of end-to-end dl optimizers
- Helping to design ml continuous integration and testing pipelines across hardware and software
- M.S. or PhD Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- 3+ years directly related experience
- Languages: Python 3.5+, especially the data science or numerics ecosystem
- Direct Experience with use of deep learning models to solve image problems at scale.
- Solid Knowledge with at least one of the following ml frameworks: Pytorch, Tensorflow or Keras
- Production experience creating metrics capture and visualization pipelines.
- Debugging or benchmarking experience with tools such as NVIDIA Nsight
- Usage of deep learning compilers such as: TVM, GLOW, XLA
- Ability to create supporting software engineering tooling and systems
- Hands-on experience with Active, Transfer, Distributed, Federated or Reinforcement Learning
- Hardware experience with FPGA, ASIC, limited power devices or edge compute
- Experience with mobile robots and autonomous vehicles
- Working knowledge of orchestration or training systems
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position