Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. The System Integration (SI) team at Vicarious is at the intersection of hardware and software for our robotic systems. Each member of the team has specific specialties that make up a unique and agile squad.
What you'll do
- Integrate our hardware into our existing software platform.
- Serve as the bridge for projects between hardware and software teams.
- Help build integrated solutions that apply our technology toward specific application verticals.
- Ensure company awareness to specifications; quickly learn and implement new and emerging technologies.
- Debug issues with robotic systems - be able to trace errors to hardware or software origin and coordinate with other teams to solve the problem.
- Ensure engineering compliance with all customers and/or other relevant specifications.
What you have
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S.C/B.S.M.E.) in mechanical, electrical, computer science, or automation engineering and 5-10 years of related experience and/or training, or have equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing Python, as well as working with ROS and Linux.
- Knowledge of GIT version control and experience working with large code stacks.
- A comprehensive understanding of general robotics, industrial automation, and 6 axis robot arms (preferably KUKA robotics).
- Experience integrating vision systems or other perceptive sensors such as LiDAR, ultrasonic sensors, proximity sensors, etc.
- Understanding of mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience in industrial instrumentation such as PLCs, safety systems, industrial sensors, and IO modules
- Experience with industrial protocols such as EtherCAT, Profinet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, etc.
- Experience integrating hardware into software controls (via a PLC system or through custom controls).
- Knowledge of industrial robotic safety systems and regulations.
- Ability to work with a CAD system (Inventor, Solidworks, AutoCAD).
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position