Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. We are looking for an IT DevOps Engineer to join the Information Technology team at Vicarious. We are responsible for maintaining and ensuring the digital uptime and productivity of Vicarious people and offices, as well as managing the hardware and software that supports their work. In this role, you will be troubleshooting issues and improving processes, while delivering excellent customer service. You should be comfortable interacting with a diverse client base and working collaboratively with others, learning and supporting new applications and technologies, automating and improving processes, and fixing problems as they arise.
- Maintain and improve workflows on our core IT services such as Google Workplace, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Automate repetitive tasks with Ruby, Bash, Powershell, or Python scripting on either Linux, Windows, and MacOS systems
- Utilize Chef to automate the configuration of Linux, Windows, and MacOS systems
- Participate in the weekly IT oncall and support rotation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant discipline or comparable experience
- Exceptional customer service skills; ability to act as a customer advocate
- Experience in troubleshooting of desktop operating systems (ie. Ubuntu, macOS, Windows 10)
- Demonstrable experience in administering SaaS applications, such as Google Workplace, Microsoft 365, Atlassian Suite, Slack, and Zendesk.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to automate tasks in a scripting language such as Ruby, Python, or Bash
- You are self-driven and are accountable for the tasks you have been assigned
- You are always looking for opportunities to learn and are willing to teach those who are interested
- Demonstrable understanding of configuration management using a tool such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Demonstrable understanding of infrastructure management using a tool such as Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation, or Azure Resource Management Templates
- Experience supporting enterprise level network infrastructure
- Experience administrating cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position