We have joined the team at Intrinsic
We are excited to share that Vicarious has officially joined the team at Intrinsic, a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Together, we share an exciting mission: we’re building an intelligent robotics platform to unlock the economic and creative potential of millions more businesses, entrepreneurs and developers. Learn more about the work we will do together here.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information in a variety of ways. For example:
Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, and company when you contact us via the “Contact”, “Get Started”, or “Get In Touch” sections of our website, sign up for our mailing list, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us in connection with our Services. We may also collect any communications between you and Vicarious, and any other information you provide to Vicarious.
Information Collected through Tracking Technologies
To provide a personalized and high-quality experience for our users, we, and our third party partners, may use various technologies that automatically record certain technical information from your browser or device when you visit our website, read our emails, use our Service, or otherwise engage with us. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We, and our third-party partners, use these tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, and other such information.
- We also collect information about the way you use our Services, for example, the website from which you came and the website to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the website, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, and other actions you take on the websites.
- When you access our websites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the websites and to understand more about our users by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our websites. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Cookies: If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Please note that not accepting cookies may negatively impact your experience using our websites, as some features and services on our websites may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies and you may not be able to block non-cookie technologies and these browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
2. OUR USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your information, including your personal data, as follows:
- To monitor and improve our products and services. We may use your information to provide, improve, test, enhance, update, and monitor our Services; or diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To communicate with you. We will communicate with you about your inquiries or employment opportunities for which you have applied, or for any other purposes in connection with the Services. We also use your information to respond to comments, questions or requests for customer service. We may send you surveys and promotional communications. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, or other means.
- For marketing purposes. We may use your information to provide you with products or services that you request or in which you express interest; to improve, market or promote our products and services; to inform our marketing and advertising campaigns, and customize the advertising, and content you see; to alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and other new products and services offered by Vicarious, our Customers, and our third party partners; or to display advertisements, including advertisements from third parties.
- For analytics. We may also use your information to understand our visitors and customers, and tailor our product offerings. We analyze statistics and trends to make our websites and products and services better and to develop new services or features.
- As otherwise permitted by law, or for any other purpose we may describe when you provide the information.
3. HOW WE SHARE OR DISCLOSURE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers. Third-party vendors and other service providers to support the operations of our business and that perform services on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction. Other parties in connection with a Vicarious transaction, such as a merger, sale of Vicarious assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Vicarious or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons. Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce applicable terms of us or service or to protect the security or integrity of our websites; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Vicarious, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
Interest Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our websites over time so that they may play or display targeted ads on or through our websites, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, or services. These third parties may collect information such as click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the websites, mobile device identifiers, and/or precise geolocation data and other information. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our websites on your browser or mobile device, login to your account on our websites, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our websites and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s website “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies and third-party cookies or other third party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the webites. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Data storage and transfer: Your information collected through our Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Vicarious or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of information collected through our websites. If any information under our control is compromised because of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Vicarious does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on our websites. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at privacy @ vicarious.com.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our websites may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party websites.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US