Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. As a robotics research engineer here, you will be involved in designing and implementing the future of robotics alongside other world-class software engineers and researchers.
- Understanding the latest advances in robotics and AI and applying them to our problems.
- Developing and implementing new techniques for robotic manipulation, motion planning, control, and learning.
- Helping to architect and build a powerful, flexible, and well-engineered software platform that can be used for variety of robotics tasks.
- A bachelors degree in a robotics-related field (including computer science, engineering, applied math/physics) is required.
- Strong programming skills in Python/C++.
- Strong mathematical background and familiarity with modern machine learning/AI.
- Ability to rapidly implement and iterate on ideas.
- Significant open source contributions.
Desired personal qualities:
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Rigorous and empirical approach to decision making
- Fast learner, unfazed by complex systems and difficult problems.
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best engineer / researcher they know
- Tenaciousness and ability to get things done
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.Apply for this position