Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. In this role, you will be responsible for the Design and Plan protocols for hardware equipment and processes to develop products meeting internal and external purity, safety, and quality requirements. Responsibilities also include testing, safety, troubleshooting, and repair of hardware in development systems. Typical hardware testing and verification examples include conveyors, pneumatic equipment, robotic arms, and automation systems.
- Conduct validation and qualification tests of new or existing processes, equipment, and software in accordance with internal protocols or external standards.
- Design and implement procedures to identify and report potential failures within our robotic pipeline.
- Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems and processes have met validation and qualification tests or reviews of procedures and protocols.
- Prepare detailed reports and design statements, based on results of validation and qualification tests or reviews of procedure and protocols.
- Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems and processes have met validation criteria and to identify root causes of production problems.
- Create, populate and maintain databases for tracking validation activities, test results, and validated systems.
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods and revising test objectives and standards. Conduct audits of validation and performance qualification processes to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Study product characteristics and customer requirements and confer with management to determine validation objectives and standards.
- Develop validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, and standard operating procedures. Participate in internal and external training programs to maintain knowledge of validation principles, industry trends or novel technologies
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Management and execution of safety validation tests in accordance with standards NFPA79, UL508A, ANSI/ RIA 15.06.
- Be an active member of a startup environment, with an all-hands-on-deck attitude.
- Verify (ANSI/ RIA15.06/ OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding all the production line components.
- Collaborate with systems engineering teams to design test campaigns to cover requirements and ensure safety-critical functional operation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Systems Engineering.
- Have 2+ years of experience as a Mechanical, Systems or Mechatronics Engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems.
- Experience in leading engineering root cause analysis and implementation of long term engineering solutions to prevent reoccurrences, manage KPIs including Run Hours, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Cost to repair equipment and systems.
- Experience in performing the root cause analysis of equipment or systems/procedural failures.
- Ability to gather data and analyze reliability trends to develop effective improvement projects.
- Experience with FMEAs and Risk Assessment.
- Experience in integration and testing of mechanical component assembly.
- Experience in managing safe working behavior of the reliability team, demonstrating a high regard for personal and team EHS performance, sustaining a zero overdue status of investigations and actions.
- Ability to work with the design engineers to Implement technical standards assuring all assets remain fully compliant with CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) status.
- Experience in providing supply reliability status monthly reporting figures, analyze trends and develop improvement projects to address the issues of concern, make continuous improvement a way of life. This role will also own the site Probability of Failure on Demand (PoFOD) Report and issue twice annually.
- Experience in developing and implementing the site predictive/preventative engineering policies.
- Experience with programming languages (Python, C, C++)
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System), Linux, and git.
- Exposure to a wide variety of industrial sensors and production machinery.
- Exposure in HMI (Human Machine Interface).
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team. Apply for this position